Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Dig_Options TP09X1 GPS, Reviews & Information

Hi Matt,
    I have an IPhone and it works on this unit with the ipod cable provided as does the kids Nano however it doesn't charge while on there. With the Iphone, I use the bluetooth function and play music that way, not sure if the touch has bluetooth or not.
    Scott

Comment

Hi All, lots of good info here! Thought I'd add my bit, I have recently installed a TL09X1 into a 03 Hilux. Though it is an extremely snug fit and you may need to mod your dash a little. But its working and Im happy with it..

Does anyone know where to get different themes? I really dont like the one that came with the unit, and its different to the photos I've seen in this thread... (the red and black one some of you didnt like looks 20x better than mine..)
      Hope you can help, cant find anything on the net...

Comment

Does anyone know where to get different themes? I really dont like the one that came with the unit, and its different to the photos I've seen in this thread... (the red and black one some of you didnt like looks 20x better than mine..)
        Hope you can help, cant find anything on the net...
        If your PC savey enough you can use a CE file management program such as FileManCE2 or CECMD (which you can download off the net) to transfer the skin bitmaps off the units flash memory onto an SD card, then you can edit them using Paint, Photoshop or alike.

You can also write your own skins using "SystemInformation32" which you can also download. It allows you to create new buttons and links. Here's a navigation screen I wrote over the last few nights, this was my first crack at it and I only have moderate computer skills:

Mick
        [CENTER][B][I][SIZE=1][COLOR=blue]1KZ-TE Turbo Diesel, 5 speed manual, 3.5 inch lift, 265/70/17 Mickey Thompson MTZ, D-Tronic chip, Boost controller, mandrel exhaust, dump pipe, modified intake, ARB steel bar, Magnum winch, Safari snorkel, rear drawers, half cargo barrier, dual batteries, Uniden UHF, Sat Nav, reverse camera, Magellan XL , Tjm bash plates, ARB alloy roof rack, rear telescopic work light and numerous other modifications!!!
        Now with 3BAR MAP sensor & 18PSI Boost![/COLOR][/SIZE][/I][/B][/CENTER]

Comment

Mick, that looks pretty good, especially as you are a beginner.

So is this worth the effort? The screenshot is the screen that comes up when you select Navi?

I have to admit that the fiddle to switch between IGO and Ozi is the only area if the system that peeves me.

Michael
          2008 D4D M6 GXL [MT ATZ-P3][Whitey's Ironman 45710FE/45682FE+KTFR101H/Dob487][extended Roadsafe links][Polyairs][DBA T3/T2][amts diffdrop & recovery points][Tin175's stone guards][Bushskins BashPlate][ARB Sahara][IPF 900s][Snorkel][WindCheetah][MaxTrax][IC-440][Parrot Asteroid][ARB Fridge][Lifestyle 2nd Row Fridge Mount][ARB Compressor][Thumper][SandGrabbers][Cargo Barrier][Tigerz Awning][MCC Rear Bar]

Comment

So is this worth the effort? The screenshot is the screen that comes up when you select Navi?

I have to admit that the fiddle to switch between IGO and Ozi is the only area if the system that peeves me.
            It peeved me too, and I guess only you can decide wether it's worth the effort or not. It took me about three nights of dicking around until I was happy with it. it was strictly learn as I went... I could write one in a couple of hours now.

This screen comes up when I press Navi. From this screen I can choose out of the three navigation programs, bottom left takes me back to the menu, config is a file management program, the small toyota one is a Windows CE file explorer. The "Prado" and bottom right Toyota pic are there as filler only.

Mick
            [CENTER][B][I][SIZE=1][COLOR=blue]1KZ-TE Turbo Diesel, 5 speed manual, 3.5 inch lift, 265/70/17 Mickey Thompson MTZ, D-Tronic chip, Boost controller, mandrel exhaust, dump pipe, modified intake, ARB steel bar, Magnum winch, Safari snorkel, rear drawers, half cargo barrier, dual batteries, Uniden UHF, Sat Nav, reverse camera, Magellan XL , Tjm bash plates, ARB alloy roof rack, rear telescopic work light and numerous other modifications!!!
            Now with 3BAR MAP sensor & 18PSI Boost![/COLOR][/SIZE][/I][/B][/CENTER]

Comment

Hoping someone can help me with a little bit of computer savvy or knowledge of the 2 Din unit.

I purchased one a few weeks ago and pretty happy with the unit except for trying to get OZIE CE running.

Matt tells me that it was a newer digital high resolution screen 840x480.

My problem were very small font on directtory tree almost too hard to read unless your head is a foot from the screen.
              With Ozie the buttons on the toolbar were very small together with the menus and menu fonts.

When I try to select the menu's I only have a couple of seconds efore it exits the program so after several hours the configuration still hasn't been set up.

Also I have a registered copy of CE but I can't enter my registration code as the pop up key board is inopperative.

I loaded a file called highres.dat and that fixed the toolbar buttons for ozie but the ozie menu is still small.

Matt seems to think it is OZie that is causing the problem and I have seached and followed links for CE groups and had suggested a lot of tweaks to do including playing with the registry file.
              That is all well and good except I don not have a 12 year old computer geek to do it. Is there anyone in Adelaide with one of these units that maybe can help or someone who has had the problem.
              I only bought it cos I wanted to run the Ozie side of things. Don't care about the rest really

David

Comment

David,
                I'm happy to catch up with you and have a look. I suspect there needs to be a new page file created to support the resolution. Would be easy to "hack" one out based on one of the larger default screens. The screen designer allows you to create several standard sizes as well as a custom size which would allow for the 840X480 to be built. Might be a little messy to start with but can test it.

Will need to work out how to load the page file before it shuts down. I know how to load the files around Ozi but not 100% sure how to point it to the correct page file. It may look at all available page files and pick the first one that meets the screen resolution or at least the same ratio as the screen resolution. Maybe it's not finding one and that is why it shuts down.

For the keyboard maybe you can have a look on the SD card at the directory that Ozi is running from. There "should" be a file called keyboard.cfg. My GPOS, not the DigiOptions does not have a keyboard but uses a software touch screen keyboard. Your's should work the same so the contactes on the file, when opened into notpad should look like the following:
                Code:
                H a s   k e y b o a r d , 1   E n d   E n d   E n d
                I might be available some time over the weekend either Sunday or Monday it you want to have a go at this. I suspect it wont be that difficult to work around the issues you have described. Let me know. You have my email and I think you may have mobile as well.

Cheers
                [COLOR=#000080]Nick[/COLOR]
                [URL="http://pradopoint.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=5308&sid=bcbebadd30673f1ac72047e6e8a93d79"]2006 TD GXL Evolution & Trips[/URL]
                [URL=http://www.fuelly.com/driver/Schaffer/prado][IMG]http://www.fuelly.com/smallsig-metric/45547.png[/IMG][/URL]
                [img]http://i929.photobucket.com/albums/mm286/Schaffer71/Avatar/CooperCreek.jpg[/img] [img]http://i929.photobucket.com/albums/mm286/Schaffer71/Avatar/BendlebyRanges.jpg[/img]

Comment

OziCE uses the screen that you tell it to use. This is done using

File > Load setings file > Load page file

and then select the relevant page - maybe try "Landscape 480w x 272h"

You should be able to use this as a base to write your screen designs
                  Dune colour GLX with Option pack, Bull bar, Tow bar, Cargo barrier.

Comment

Originally posted by bgreeni
                    OziCE uses the screen that you tell it to use.
                    That is true BUT when you first install Ozi how does it pick a screen from the ones available? Does it just deafult to a standard screen that will suit most resolutions or does it try and pick one by looking into the page files and selecting one that either has the correct screen resolution or if that fails has a screen resolution aspect that matches the current screen resolution (ie 840 x 480 would be 840/480 = 1.75 where as 480 x 272 is 480/272 = 1.765 which is not the same. While they are close and should be effectiverly compatible the system may bulk on this.)

I sent David a 480x272 file that had been resized to 840x480 to load and test if that works. It had very little done to change over to the larger resolution other than change the resolution using screen designer and then resize the map to fill the space on 1 of the pages. Purely a test.
                    [URL="http://pradopoint.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=5308&sid=bcbebadd30673f1ac72047e6e8a93d79"]2006 TD GXL Evolution & Trips[/URL]
                    [URL=http://www.fuelly.com/driver/Schaffer/prado][IMG]http://www.fuelly.com/smallsig-metric/45547.png[/IMG][/URL]
                    [img]http://i929.photobucket.com/albums/mm286/Schaffer71/Avatar/CooperCreek.jpg[/img] [img]http://i929.photobucket.com/albums/mm286/Schaffer71/Avatar/BendlebyRanges.jpg[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by MickL

If your PC savey enough you can use a CE file management program such as FileManCE2 or CECMD....
                      Mick
                      Great, thanks for that info Mick, I'll look into it and have a go!

Originally posted by outnabout
                      Hoping someone can help me with a little bit of computer savvy or knowledge of the 2 Din unit.

I purchased one a few weeks ago and pretty happy with the unit except for trying to get OZIE CE running.

Matt tells me that it was a newer digital high resolution screen 840x480.

My problem were very small font on directtory tree almost too hard to read unless your head is a foot from the screen.
                      With Ozie the buttons on the toolbar were very small together with the menus and menu fonts.

When I try to select the menu's I only have a couple of seconds efore it exits the program so after several hours the configuration still hasn't been set up.

Also I have a registered copy of CE but I can't enter my registration code as the pop up key board is inopperative.

I loaded a file called highres.dat and that fixed the toolbar buttons for ozie but the ozie menu is still small.

Matt seems to think it is OZie that is causing the problem and I have seached and followed links for CE groups and had suggested a lot of tweaks to do including playing with the registry file.
                      That is all well and good except I don not have a 12 year old computer geek to do it. Is there anyone in Adelaide with one of these units that maybe can help or someone who has had the problem.
                      I only bought it cos I wanted to run the Ozie side of things. Don't care about the rest really

David
                      Hey David, I bought mine a couple of weeks ago and have the exact same problems you're describing.. also seems to make calibration go out and it makes it hang sometimes, but always after trying to play with oziexplorer.... Hope someone can work out what to do cause I cant!

cheers,
                      Paul

Comment

Had Dave (Outnabout) drop around this morning so I could have a look at what is happening when OxiExplorer is running on his new Dig_Options unit.

The unit David has is different to everyone else since he does not have a Prado. This is to suit an 80 series. The screen resolution is 840x480. I'm not 100% sure of the OS but assume it is either WinCE5 or WinCE6. Looks to be a good unit but there might be a few issues

The problems I saw are as follows:
                        • Due to the screen resolution the selection of alternative navigation programs is a little hard as the directory tree that is displayed is small and fingers are usually too big.[/*:m:3ctvq1kz]
                        • When Ozi 2.32 (Latest version) ARM is loaded then you are asked to enter you registration details. You canclick on the keyboard but this does not function. If I run the same version on my 4.3" GPS then the keyboard is running without problems. The keyboard is displayed but the use of the keyboard does not send the selected keystrokes back to the selected field. I did have a look around on the net to see if there were any "free" virtual keyboards to see if there was an alternative but to no avail. A simple work around for this would be to register on another unit and transfer the files. The problem there is that while it is registered the keyboard does not function so optiuons such as Name Search would be inoperable and configuration values would be limited to pure selection value only. Changing the track log to extend this would require the use of the spinner control and to change from the default 999 points to 10000 points would take a VERY long time.[/*:m:3ctvq1kz]
                        • In Ozi (using both 2.32 and 2.15) when you access a popup window and try to interact (ie selecting a configuration menu and clicking on a field) then the system jumps to the GPS unit's main menu. This is not limited to the OziExplorer application. I tested Total Commander on there and did basically the same thing. When trying to navigate through a directory to choose where map files are sourced from when in Ozi the GPS main menu would appear after every single expansion in the directory tree. This also happened when you choose to manually load a map file. This was very frustrating.[/*:m:3ctvq1kz]
                        • David had put a hires.dat file into the OziExplorer directory to allow the main menu to be displayed in large format. From what I have read this file is just a placeholder that the system detects and makes the main menu larger. The content of the file, while it needs to be a text file format, is irrelevant. The use of the hires.dat file was suggested by Matt. This does help partially.[/*:m:3ctvq1kz]
                        • We tried out a few different screen page files and surprisingly the Landscape 320w x 240h.par1 seemed to work best. In this mode the options where all available and Ozi worked without issues other than the version being in Demo Mode and the popup configurations jumping out of Ozi back to the GPS units main menu.[/*:m:3ctvq1kz]

The standard software running on this unit is PolNav. Seems odd that it was PolNav as most of the other units (to my knowledge) were supplied with iGo. PolNav did not show any issues so to me it seems that was the reason it was being used. OziExplorer does run but with issues. I DO NOT think that the issues are soley as a result of OziExplorer. I do believe that it is a compatibility issue between the unit and the software running.

As I mentioned above I was not sure of the OS. I would have used Total Commander to see what version but this application was unusable as it would jump back to the main menu about 1 second after selecting this application. I did not try GSFinder but suspect that the same issue would occur. Using Total Commander you can access the Control Panel and from there determine the OS. Since this is a new unit I wonder if it is running WinCE where there maybe some compatibility issues (but this is just a guess. I have not read anything on issue with WinCE6).

I will be contacting Des Newman (OziExplorer developer) to inquire with him about what he can suggest. It seems that the hires.dat file is only doing part of what it should do as the popup menus are still very small in display. The front size in the menu is same size as the navigation path select in the GPS unit main menu. The keyboard issue is interesting and I wonder if he has seen that before. Also would be good to be able to see a larger menu system in Ozi. I suspect that the Keyboard issue and the jumping back to the GPS units main menu and related. As a number of version of Ozi where tested with the same result as well as a completely different application that did the same then I do not think the issue is a result of OziExplorer.

Comment

I've been in touch with Des and he has not experienced this issue at all. He also was unable to provide any suggestions so now I'm looking through websites/focums to see what i can find. I've also tried to contact Matt to determine some details of these units that may be of use such as which menu application is running (my GPS at home runs YFAP) and which version of the OS is in use (WinCE5 or WinCE6).

Comment

Hey all, I'm sooo close to buying one of these TPO9X1 units from dig_options.

But after talking to different camera sellers at the Melbourne Caravan show a couple of days ago I'm a little confused.
                            I have been told that the reverse camera picture is crap on these type of units and not worth getting!

Can someone or some people post up actual screen shots showing what the picture quality is like from the reversing camera or cameras?
                            I want to mount a camera on the back of the car and also one on the back of the caravan. Can someone tell me just how good the picture quality really is?
                            Also, what or how do people connect between the car and the van for the reversing camera??

Thanks
                            Rob
                            Not of this Earth
                            Somewhere in my 2010 200 Series Landcruiser Sahara
                            slowly being improved for the real world
                            2013 Jayco 21.65-4 Sterling Outback with twin slideouts and simplicity suspension

Comment

Originally posted by Dustybum
                              Hey all, I'm sooo close to buying one of these TPO9X1 units from dig_options.

But after talking to different camera sellers at the Melbourne Caravan show a couple of days ago I'm a little confused.
                              I have been told that the reverse camera picture is crap on these type of units and not worth getting!

Can someone or some people post up actual screen shots showing what the picture quality is like from the reversing camera or cameras?
                              I want to mount a camera on the back of the car and also one on the back of the caravan. Can someone tell me just how good the picture quality really is?
                              Also, what or how do people connect between the car and the van for the reversing camera??

Thanks
                              Rob

Here is a link to a different camera fitted to a TP unit, the photo's are a little dodgy but the pic is great in real life. I am pretty sure that some where in the pages of this thread is some pics of the Digi options reverse camera being used as well.

Neil
                              White 2013 GXL 79 series dual cab, ARB GVM Upgrade, ARB Delux winch bar and scrub bars, GME TX3440 and much more to come

Comment

Ummm ok, you might have to try again with the link two+four as I don't think it copied over!!

Yup I also found the pictures from earlier in the thread and they look pretty good to me!!
                                Not of this Earth
                                Somewhere in my 2010 200 Series Landcruiser Sahara
                                slowly being improved for the real world
                                2013 Jayco 21.65-4 Sterling Outback with twin slideouts and simplicity suspension

Comment

canli bahis siteleri bahis siteleri ecebet.net
                                mencisport.com
                                antalya escort
                                tsyd.org deneme bonusu veren siteler
                                deneme bonusu veren siteler
                                gaziantep escort
                                gaziantep escort
                                asyabahis maltcasino olabahis olabahis
                                erotik film izle Rus escort gaziantep rus escort
                                atasehir escort tuzla escort
                                sikis sex hatti
                                en iyi casino siteleri
                                casibom
                                betticket istanbulbahis
                                Working...
                                X